One of my 2013 resolutions was to take more risks. Naturally, I had to take a ridiculous (and painful) risk to round out the year and start 2014 right. After seeing Rhett & Link eat the infamous ghost pepper, I came to the conclusion that stuffing my face with a jalapeño on camera and shrieking for your entertainment would be the wisest course of action. But I didn’t go at it alone! A brave There’s a Wall There joined me for the occasion and got much farther into the challenge than I ever could (with the help of some ice cream).
2013 was a great year. I:
- made many, many new friends.
- traveled by air alone for the first time.
- visited Mexico!
- visited the west coast for the first time.
- attended SDCC for the first time.
- spoke on a panel at a convention for the first time.
- attended the most conventions in one year than I ever have before.
- was on TV and Huffington Post Live!
- hit an incredible 4,400 subscribers on YouTube.
- published a video that reached 44,000+ views on YouTube and 129,000+ notes on Tumblr.
- took a class on comics and gender, just for fun.
- revamped my site– look at all the pretty colors!
In 2014, I want to:
- reach 10,000 subscribers on YouTube.
- be a better friend (keep in touch more, listen more, etc.).
- be more tolerant of opinions that don’t match my own.
- tackle more real world issues in the real world, rather than just advocating for them online.
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year, and here’s to another 365 days filled with good comics, good people and good fun!